The feast day of the Assumption of Mary celebrates the Christian belief that God assumed the Virgin Mary into Heaven following her death It is celebrated on or around August 15 in many countries, particularly in parts of Europe and South America. It’s also called the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Dormition of the Most Holy Mother of God (in the eastern countries), or the Feast of the Assumption.
Assumption Day is a public holiday in countries such as Austria, Belgium, Chile, Croatia, France, parts of Germany, Guatemala, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain and Switzerland (the holiday may be regional or limited to certain groups in Switzerland). However, Assumption Day is not a public holiday in countries such as Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Follow this link: facebook.com/profilepicframes
- Click on the menu right of your profile picture
- Search for ‘Assumption Day’ or ‘Assumption of Mary ’
- Select the profile picture frame you would like to add
- Click Use as Profile Picture to save