India celebrates Independence Day on August 15 each year. India became an independent nation on August 15, 1947, so a gazetted holiday is held annually to remember this date.
Independence Day is a day when people in India pay homage to their leaders and those who fought for India’s freedom in the past. The period leading up to Independence Day is a time when major government buildings are illuminated with strings of lights and the tricolor flutters from homes and other buildings. Broadcast, print and online media may have special contests, programs, and articles to promote the day. Movies about India’s freedom fighters are also shown on television.
- Follow this link: facebook.com/profilepicframes
- Click on the menu right of your profile picture
- Search for ‘India’ or ‘India Happy’ ‘Independence Day India’
- Select the profile picture frame you would like to add
- Click Use as Profile Picture to save