Silvester is the German name for New Year’s Eve – owing to the fourth century Pope Sylvester I. Eventually made a saint by the Catholic Church, his feast day is observed on December 31.
New Year is the time at which a new calendar year begins and the calendar’s year count increments by one. Many cultures celebrate the event in some manner and the 1st day of January is often marked as a national holiday.
In the Gregorian calendar, the most widely used calendar system today, New Year occurs on 1 January (New Year’s Day). This was also the case both in the old Roman calendar (at least after about 713 BCE) and in the Julian calendar that succeeded it.
You can add a HAPPY NEW YEAR Profile frame from the Camera Effects Platform to your profile picture to show your support for things like your favorite cause or holiday.
To add a frame to your profile picture:
- Go to the profile picture frame feature
- Click on the menu right of your profile picture
- Search for: “NEW YEAR”, or “HAPPY NEW YEAR“
- Select the profile picture frame you would like to add
- Click Use as Profile Picture to save