The Ekka is the annual agricultural show of Queensland, Australia. Its formal title is the Royal Queensland Show and it is held at the Brisbane Showgrounds. It was originally called the Brisbane Exhibition, however it is more commonly known as the Ekka, which is a shortening of the word exhibition. It is run by The Royal National Agricultural and Industrial Association of Queensland.
The Ekka is Queensland’s largest annual event, which welcomes an average of 400,000 visitors each August. The show welcomes 21,000 competition entries, 10,000 animals, a smorgasbord of award-winning food and wine and hours of free family entertainment, including the spectacular night program. The Ekka features a sideshow alley, showbag pavilion, and nightly fireworks displays. In 2018, the Ekka will be held from 10 – 19 August.
- Follow this link: facebook.com/profilepicframes
- Click on the menu right of your profile picture
- Search for ‘Ekka Wednesday’ or ‘Ekka’
- Select the profile picture frame you would like to add
- Click Use as Profile Picture to save